Welcome to USAAA Conference News updates for the USAAA 2014 World Conference, September 4-7, Kansas City, Missouri.
Please do not reply to this email as we are not able to respond to messages sent to this address. Contact us at www.usautism.org or call the conference line at 801-816-1234.
Over 30 of the world’s most respected researchers, practitioners, and education specialists in the Autism Spectrum Disorders community come to Kansas City, Missouri to share valuable resources for your child, family member, patient, friend, student, or yourself. Join us at the award winning Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza hotel September 4-7, 2014.
Introducing for the first time:
- Self-Advocates in a TEDx-style, short-form presentation with five presenters in combined one hour plenary session.
Special plenary sessions:
- The Doctors and Researchers Q&A Panel Discussion
- Ten Tips to Reduce Brain Overload by Martha Herbert, MD, PhD
- Self-Advocacy - Challenges Throughout the Lifespan Panel with Tim Page, DFA, Pulitzer Prize winner and USC professor of music, communication and journalism; Stephen M. Shore, EdD, world renowned professor of special education at Adelphi University; Jennifer O'Toole, Founder of Asperkids and teacher; Raun Kaufman, subject of an award-winning NBC television movie; Christopher Gauthier, MFA, Assistant Professor of Art, Photography at Utah State University
- Bringing It All Together Panel.
- Biomedical Interventions: Treating the Underlying Causes of the Symptoms by Dr. Phillip C. Demio
- The Detection and Treatment of the Most Common Biochemical Abnormalities in Autism by William Shaw, PhD
- A Compelling Story of Recovery by Lori Knowles-Jimenez and Daniel Knowles
- New Discoveries in the Underlying Pathobiology of Autism by Valerie Hu, PhD
- Diagnosis of and Treatment for Disorders that are Comorbid with Autism by Ted Henderson, MD, PhD
- Functional Imaging of the Brain - New Discoveries by J. Michael Uszler, MD
- Nutrition and Cooking: Guidance for Beginners and Beyond by Julie Matthews, CNC.
- Identifying Co-Infections Including Lyme and How To Treat Them by Kenneth Stoller, MD
- Plus much more.
- Music, the Carrier Signal for Verbal Communication by world renowned professor of special education, Stephen M. Shore, EdD
- New and Effective Interventions in Schools
- Assessing and Teaching Functional Living Skills to Individuals of All Ages Using The AFLS™ by Jim Partington, PhD, BCBA
- The Continuums of Autism: Cognition, Sensory Processing and Behavior by Marlo Payne Thurman, MS.
Plus much more.
- 10 Key Steps to Finding a Job and Keeping It
- From Preschool to Post-Secondary Education: Navigating Systems and Preparing for Transitions
- Parents Facing a Lifetime of Daunting Challenges Panel
- Nutrition Workshop: Supplements, Kids, and Fun with your Blender
- Support Services Panel (for support in Kansas and Missouri)
- Improvements in Overall Behavior
- Panel: Building Relationships, Marriage, and Family in the Context of Autism
- Autism Breakthrough: Tantrums and Other Challenging Behaviors
- Special exclusive interview with Tim Page.