US Autism & Asperger Association wishes you a Happy Holiday season and a New Year filled with opportunities.
Dear Supporters of USAAA:
The holiday season is about spending time with family, thinking about others, and reflecting back on this year and looking forward to the new year. USAAA has worked continuously to Provide the Opportunity for individuals with autism, Asperger Syndrome, and other related disorders to achieve their fullest potential.
We reflect on the year 2014 to review what we accomplished as an organization and to learn how we can improve, in order to continue to bring solutions and promise for everyone next year.
As I look back over the last nineteen years, it is clear to me that it takes a whole group of dedicated individuals that include a Board of Directors, Advisory Board members, volunteers, sponsors, conference speakers, exhibitors, members, researchers, web designers and many more people to develop and strengthen an organization. The triumphs we have had this past year have been the result of inspiration and taking chances. All in all, there were hundreds of individuals who contributed their efforts to help support the USAAA mission. THANK YOU for your support.
May your new year be filled with happiness and an abundance of opportunities!
Lawrence P. Kaplan, PhD
USAAA Founder and Chairman
Your donation will directly support the programs at USAAA including:
- USAAA conference and resources, boasting a proud network of world-renowned professionals with expertise in autism, Asperger Syndrome, PDD and other related disorders.
- Scholarships, for low income members of the autism and Asperger community to attend the annual World Conference
- USAAA WeeklyNews, an e-mail newsletter that addresses a range of topics on autism including Asperger Syndrome, reaching thousands of people every week
- Newsletter archive, featuring ten years of USAAA WeeklyNews e-mail newsletters
- US College Autism Project (USCAP), creating an opportunity for individuals to have a successful college experience and to be prepared for post-collegiate transitions
- Educational materials, including Conference Proceedings Manuals, video and audio downloads
- Training and Consultation for professionals, providing a uniquely tailored program that includes a curriculum to better meet the needs of individuals on the autism spectrum
- USAAA TV, providing live streaming of the annual USAAA World Conference and a video library. The USAAA 2010 World Conference became the first ever autism and Asperger conference to be streamed live in its entirety and was the most viewed autism/Asperger conference in the world.
- Support for local community events
- Social media, including Facebook, Blogger, Twitter, and YouTube
- USAAA website, providing a vast amount of up-to-date information on Autism Spectrum Disorders with an extensive library of resources that include: ASDs: What are they?
Definition of Terms, FAQs, Scholarships/Financial Aid, Intervention and Therapies, Job Postings, Legal Issues, Newsletter Archive, Online Resources, Research, Bookstore, Nutrition and Supplements, Video Archive, social media, conference information, and USAAA TV.
Never give up! You never know what is truly possible in terms of improvement of outcomes or recovery. US Autism & Asperger Association is Providing the Opportunity: the way to a more purposeful life.